Wall sconces are one of the best ways to add incredible visual impact to a room. Installed at eye level, they invite and welcome better than any other lighting source. Here are my top picks for 2017.
From top left to bottom right:
- I am floored by the fantastic height of the Savoy House Monroe Wall Sconce (20″!), See below for inspiration picture where you could feature a pair. By Bellacor.
- The 20th C. Parisian Telescoping Sconce offers a traditional but slightly industrial feel, from Restoration Hardware.
- This sconce would be right at home in a farmhouse revival, try it on off-white walls. 19th C. English Openwork Sconce from Restoration Hardware.
- The Tori Collection by Feiss carries this pretty tailored sconce with a linen hand-dipped ombre shade and Bali Brass finish, her diminutive size can place her in any room.
- Do criss-cross door mullions and X-shaped table bases float your boat? Try this more contemporary Trinsic Wall Sconce by Kichler to continue your motif.
- For a balanced and structured look, try the Conant Wall Sconce by Feiss, shown here in Guilded Satin Brass.
- I love the elegant lines in the LeLoop Sconce by Thomas Pheasant. The long oval silhouette is rather feminine, it is a wonderful composition of brass, mirror and crystal.
- Rounding out the sconces is a very useful task wall sconce, it would be perfect flanking a bedroom headboard, a reading chair or sofa. Here is the Rizzo Swing-Arm Wall Lamp by Bellacor.
The first sconce pictured is akin to the lighting seen here featured in a powder room by Castlewood Custom Builders: